Swamp and Bayou Sightseeing Tour with Boat Ride from New Orleans
Nowhere is Louisiana’s wildlife more abundant than in the swamps and bayous of New Orleans. Take a boat ride through these swamps and bayous and be on the lookout for alligators, raccoons, snakes, turtles and native birds. Hear stories from your guide about local Cajun culture and the mysteries of the swamps and bayous.
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Mississippi River, LA
After a short coach ride across the Mississippi River, embark on a fascinating 2-hour boat trip through the swamps and bayous of New Orleans.
Pass By: Barataria Preserve, Marrero, LA
You will travel through the Barataria Preserve, part of the Jean Lafitte National Park & Preserve system. The preserve offers a taste of Louisiana's wild wetlands, protecting 23,000 acres of bayous, swamps, marshes and forests.
Stop At: Adventures of Jean Lafitte, 5145 Fleming Park Rd, Lafitte, LA 70067, USA
Swamp cruise narrated by local captain
Duration: 2 hours
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Gray Line New Orleans, 400 Toulouse St, New Orleans, LA 70130, USA
- Duration: 4 hours (Approx.)
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- Narrated boat cruise
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Local guide
- Local taxes
- Entry/Admission - Adventures of Jean Lafitte
- Snacks and refreshments available for purchase on boat
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 3 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Infants must sit on laps
- In order to help preserve the French Quarter from vehicular traffic, it is requested that you please walk, if possible, to the convenient tour departure point - just a short stroll from most downtown hotels
- Tour vehicles are equipped for wheelchair storage. If wheelchairs collapse and fold, they can be placed in the storage compartment on the bus
- Electrical wheelchairs are permitted, but special arrangements need to be made with the supplier for a handicap-accessible bus. This must be arranged 72 hours prior to tour date. Contact details will be on your voucher.
- Unfortunately, electrical scooters are not permitted
- Wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 40 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
Average 4.46 out of 5 stars based on 501 verified reviews from Cool Puerto Vallarta and TripAdvisor
Great experience on this tour - the guide was great! I even got to hold a baby alligator. Would definitely recommend.
We booked a tour to the swamp at the last minute from NOLA. Although we were supposed to be on a large pontoon boat, the universe was smiling down on us and upgraded us to a smaller airboat. Learned about the cypress trees and fauna. Our guide T-Earl was fun! He made the trip enjoyable because he was a native who actually tussled with alligators before and had the scars to prove it.
This was a great tour. Our guide was very informative and kept us laughing throughout. I would definitely suggest this attraction to every visitor.
All four of us truly enjoyed this tour. We saw at least 25 to 30 alligators. The captain was funny..
This was the most exciting part of our trip. We had so much fun and the guide was very informative. I will do this again on my next trip!
This is a great way to spend a few hours learning about the waterways and wildlife around New Orleans floating leisurely down the Mississippi and its tributaries.
This was a fun and adventurous tour! My family truly enjoyed themselves! We saw birds, and plenty of alligators. The swamp tho dangerous is still a beautiful sight
Still have questions?
We’re here to help. Call (800) 814 COOL to speak with a Destination Specialist
Product code: COOL-3780SWAMP
Similar Tours & Activities